SPC Healthcare Projects
2 – SPC Healthcare projects
SPC Mechanical is qualified to complete a vast array of projects, big and small. We are pleased to offer a wide range of services, though some of our projects are still very difficult due to the regulations and specifics required. Some of the most difficult projects that SPC works on are healthcare facilities – this is due to all of the special equipment and regulations involved. While they may be more difficult than some projects, healthcare facilities are also some of the most rewarding in terms of what they deliver to the community.
Here are some of the awesome healthcare facilities that SPC has helped build:
- Fort Bragg’s Intrepid Spirit Center
- The Intrepid Spirit Center at Fort Bragg treats soldiers for a host of psychological issues resulting from war, including mild traumatic brain injury, chronic pain, and post traumatic stress disorder. This is a satellite center for the national center in Maryland. It took SPC about two years to complete this project, and the Center opened in 2016.
- Camp Lejeune’s National Intrepid Center of Excellence (NICoE)
- The National Intrepid Center of Excellence (NICoE) is a directorate of the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center. There are nine various Intrepid Centers on major military bases throughout the United States, and each one is focused on treating traumatic brain injuries and psychological health of service members. SPC helped with the completion of psychiatric testing facilities, chiropractic spaces, acupuncture spaces, testing rooms, exam facilities, physical therapy areas, a sleep lab, and multiple family areas for visitors. In 2018, WRAL reported that since the last year, “ 66 patients have come through Fort Bragg for treatment—95 percent returned to full duty”
- Renovation of New Hanover Regional Medical Center Emergency Department in Wilmington, NC
- The New Hanover Regional Medical Center Emergency Department provides emergency medical services and onsite diagnostic services 24-hours a day, 7 days a week. SPC worked with Rogers Builders to complete safe internal demolition and renovation. New spaces for the Outpatient services unit, the Telemetry department, the Medical Affairs office, and the GI Scope were some of the first finished. SPC relocated 12 foot chilled water feeders and their pipes, and completed a total HVAC renovation.
- Vidant Cancer Center at the Eddie and Jo Allison Smith Tower at Vidant Medical Center in Greenville, NC
- Since opening, this center has been recognized for transforming cancer care in eastern North Carolina. Teams of cancer professionals work together to develop customized treatment plans for each patient in this six-story, 418,000 square-foot building. Cutting edge equipment was installed and both inpatient and outpatient services are offered here, as well as both pharmacy and laboratory services. SPC worked with Rogers Builders and TA Loving Company to complete 96 inpatient rooms, 60 infusion areas, three distinctive clinics with 58 clinical exam rooms, another multidisciplinary clinic with 12 exam spaces, and 5 radiation therapy vaults, amongst a variety of other projects. SPC completed HVAC, plumbing mechanical gas, BIM, and insulation.
The above is a very short list of some of the medical center and healthcare related projects we have completed in recent years. We have been fortunate enough to work on projects that give so much back to their surrounding communities. SPC Mechanical has continued to expand their services to offer the newest technologies and techniques, because we value the work we do on these cutting-edge projects. We look forward to keeping you updated on our future projects!